just an old-fashioned girl!
Also, the creator and author here at Simply Old-Fashioned. I’ve been an educator for 20 years and over the last decade, I’ve become a historical foodie, community herbalist, and traditional skills enthusiast!
Here at Simply Old-Fashioned you’ll find seasonal living topics on culinary/herb gardening, foraging wild edibles, cooking with whole foods, utilizing herbs to support wellness, and a whole lot more!
used to be a way of life
Grow, Gather, Cook, nourish
& return to your roots!
My mission is to help others live in tune with each season, slow down their busy lives, and return to a simpler way of life. Discover simple recipes, tips, & know-how to help nurture your home, hearth, and homestead.
It’s time to get back in touch with nature’s rhythms!
Fun Facts About Me
I’d rather be
taking care of my bees
a sweet treat
in a used bookstore
Fannie farmer, 1st ed. 1896
Bringing Old-Fashioned Ways Back
Currently, I’m a member in many organizations that embrace seasonal living and try to keep traditional skills alive and well. Simply Old-Fashioned is my place to share that knowledge with you!
- Culinary Historians of DC, CHoW
- Historic Foodways Society of the Delaware Valley, HFSDV
- Hearth Cook / Louisa County Historical Society, LCHS
- Studied Herbalism at Forrest Green Farm & The Herbal Academy
- Prince William Regional Beekeepers Association, PWRBA
- Mycological Association of Washington, DC, MAW DC
- Daughters of the American Revolution, DAR
- Volunteered for the Homesteader’s of America conference, 2021
- Studied Women of the 18th Century at Mount Vernon’s Summer Teacher Institute, 2019
- Learned historical interpretation skills at Jamestown/Yorktown Summer Teacher Institute, 2013
Return to your roots!
Be a part of the
Simply Old-Fashioned community!
Receive simple recipes, tips, & know-how focused on seasonal living for your home, hearth, & homestead.